Sunday, September 6, 2009

More painting!

This time, at the bay.

We are on the island for Labor Day weekend. What was supposed to be rainy and dreary has in fact become beautiful, sunny, breezy and almost cool. And because of the weather forecast errors, not too many tourists. Great stuff.

Anyway, there is no rest for the weary so last night - about the time of my second (third?) glass of wine, when my defenses were down - I was somehow persuaded to paint our trash can bin. Lisa says it was entirely my idea, but I think there was some chicanery involved.

In any event, this is the wooden box which holds our trash cans, so the local dogs and whatever don't get into our trash; you get the idea. The one that was here when we bought the house washed out to New Orleans with Hurricane Ike. So, we had to have a new one built. The fellow who built it for us "forgot" to paint it, so it was bare wood. We would not want our neighbors in Louisiana to get our hurricane jetsom unpainted, so this was a task we needed to complete before the next storm came along and carried all of our possessions across the Sabine River.

Again, I normally would not be fooled into an undertaking of this nature, but as I have said, my defenses were down. It was totally unfair.

To get to the point, this morning we went off to the hardware store and loaded up with paint and rollers for this should-be-easy task. Three hours later, we were done. The results? See for yourself.

I think we are through with
projects for the weekend.

So, not too bad - one chore.
Sure, it's not like painting a HOUSE,
but it is a LOT more work than it looks like.
Promise.


More later.

























No comments:

Post a Comment