Saturday, September 19, 2009

Lisa and The Glue Gun


Today we resume our work on the island. You may (or, if you have a LIFE, may NOT) recall that on our last visit we painted the new, post-Ike trash bin. Today, Lisa got out her glue gun - a deadly professional grade Aleene's Model 4376GR top-o'-the-line machine for use only by the fully trained - and created a sign board for the bin, with our address and some local seashells. I then mounted it on the bin, and voila. Not bad at all.
Lisa has a way with glue guns. Unfortunately, she is also a danger to anything in the neighborhood. I generally try to stay far away from her when she uses this machine, lest I find myself glued to some basket or frame. Better safe than sorry.

So, to occupy myself and stay out of range of the glue gun, I managed to finally - after a long 1 1/2 years - oil our kitchen counter tops - nice and shiny now. I'd post a photo of that, but I can't figure out how to make this thing put THAT photo at the bottom of this post instead of the top, so you'll just have to imagine how it looks.

Anyway, Harry is away with some friends, so it's just the two of us on the island. We can't cook since the countertops are . . . all oily. So, maybe the best treat of all: CMB - Cafe Michael Burger for dinner!!

No comments:

Post a Comment